1997-03-15 - Re: VSA2048 Cryptography Module Source Code

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: DataETRsch@aol.com
Message Hash: f1106aeb6ffd58504f87b0e1ec833d65223e1732972b5226fd15de4c8c1f5fc2
Message ID: <3329EC05.474D@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <970314174037_-1137100138@emout02.mail.aol.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-15 00:43:58 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:43:58 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 1997 16:43:58 -0800 (PST)
To: DataETRsch@aol.com
Subject: Re: VSA2048 Cryptography Module Source Code

DataETRsch@aol.com wrote:
> Anyone interested in receiving the source code of VSACM should e-mail
> DataETRsch@aol.com with VSACM V2.0 Source Code Request in the subject line.
> (BTW, about that "if they come in pretty disks" line, very funny.)

  I am happy to see that DataETRsch has developed a sense of humor since
their last visit to the list.
  The CypherPunks name is used by some as a synonym for 'irreverance'.

  The down-side of exposing your product to the scrutiny of the
CypherPunks is that it will be shaken down, battered and bruised,
and you will be confronted with hard questions and skepticism.
  The up-side is that in between the irreverance and the skepticism,
you will get feedback on your product from people whose knowledge of
encryption and cryptography issues is second to none.

  If CypherPunks can't find holes in your product, then it should
plainly be a feather in your cap. If they do find some holes, then
you are better off to know about them now, as opposed to finding out
far down the road, when you have much greater reputation capital
that could be damaged.

  I hope that you indeed have a strong, secure product to offer, as
I regard strong crypto as being of premiere importance in supporting
privacy and freedom.
--
Toto
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"