1997-03-17 - Re: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

Header Data

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@algebra.com>
Message Hash: fc8000fa5d8bf3c6ce83c62582f7a015dde9bb29c4cbd8fa88c66e3f43c2f766
Message ID: <332CB246.297D@gte.net>
Reply To: <199703161847.MAA04824@manifold.algebra.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-03-17 07:14:56 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:14:56 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Dale Thorn <dthorn@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 23:14:56 -0800 (PST)
To: Igor Chudov <ichudov@algebra.com>
Subject: Re: Anonymous Nymserver: anon.nymserver.com

Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
> Dale Thorn wrote:
> > A gun in one hand and a babe in the other - what a privelege to be
> > an American!!  BTW, I saw an all-stainless Colt King Cobra .357
> > in a pawn shop the other day for $475.  Clean as a whistle.  I
> > snatched that puppy up real quick.  It would be my dying wish
> > to have some otherwise faceless bureaucrat be the recipient of
> > its intended use, should it come to that.

> Sounds kinda expensive. What kind of gun is that?

I hadn't shopped for a gun in 10 years, and the only high-quality
Colt revolver I knew of then was the Python, which was $675 new
in 1986.  I'm sure the equivalent today would be $1200 or more,
so I thought the Cobra at $475 used was a good deal.  I assume
the Cobra is equivalent to the Python, it sure looks and feels
like it.  If you're familiar with these things, you can tell a
lot just by pulling the trigger and "feeling" the action.

Thread