1997-04-20 - Re: David Friedman and assassination politics

Header Data

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
To: declan@well.com (Declan McCullagh)
Message Hash: 164eee10524ea14aeef66493c51e63ee05725db442c15df5501c95a59a46f2a0
Message ID: <199704202024.PAA05948@homeport.org>
Reply To: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970420002806.23434A-100000@well.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-20 20:28:06 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Adam Shostack <adam@homeport.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 13:28:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: declan@well.com (Declan McCullagh)
Subject: Re: David Friedman and assassination politics

David wrote "The Machinery of Freedom" about tools that could be
developed to acheive "socially desirable" effects, such as the lack of
a single dominant protective agency, without the interference of the
state.  He also wrote about how, once developed, these structures
would self perpetuate, since there would be few reason to redevelop a
state.

Good stuff.  Well worth reading.

Adam

Declan McCullagh wrote:
| So I just walked home from a party in Dupont Circle where some folks were
| telling me about a talk David Friedman gave at the Cato Institute about a
| week ago. (Apart from being Milt's son, David appears to be a
| well-respected libertarian thinker in his own right.) I didn't have the
| chance to go myself...

					               -Hume

Thread