1997-04-21 - Re: Short AP Rant [POLITICAL NOISE]

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: jamesd@echeque.com
Message Hash: 23705641168925e8cc3de876d68ce0fe748ae4406bf94d41c9630e0710c3d2a8
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970420212255.00656b50@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199704210227.TAA10829@proxy3.ba.best.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-21 05:39:09 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:39:09 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 22:39:09 -0700 (PDT)
To: jamesd@echeque.com
Subject: Re: Short AP Rant [POLITICAL NOISE]

At 07:27 AM 4/20/97 +0800, jamesd wrote:
>The election of various unpleasant Islamic Fundamentalist regimes.
>In particular, it seems likely that had the generals not violently
>overthrown democracy in Algeria, the democratically elected
>representatives of the people would have proceeded to kill off
>everyone they deemed insufficiently Islamic, a very substantial
>minority, a minority which would doubtless have included most of
>the generals and their families.

The Islamic party didn't start killing off foreigners until the
French and other Westerners supported the generals who overthrew them.
It's funny how a modern liberal democracy like the US will
go to war and kill 6000 people in Panama just because one of their
ex-employees is embarassing them by not leaving the Presidency after
his term is up ("We had to protect democracy"), but when a military
junta takes over from a non-pro-CIA government, they support the military.

>American Civil war.
(We've done that rant here a few times :-)

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)

Thread