1997-04-04 - Hallam-Baker messes himself.

Header Data

From: null@myemail.net
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2c9f03464c0c5f48cb5ea0f85a4ace6bb5ed15b831c7aaf9978565ac8ef5e7cf
Message ID: <20571263600017@MyEmail.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 12:57:24 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: null@myemail.net
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 12:57:24 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Hallam-Baker messes himself.

Hallam-Baker, pissing all over his own train of logic, wrote:

> It is because Bell's scheme is entirely preposterous that Digital
> cash is possible. There is simply no way an AP contract could be
> enforced.
> No country could allow such a betting pool to operate from its soil,
> nor any other such cover.
>
> I will not only refuse to support Bell, I'll testify against him in
> court if asked.

  What are you going to testify to?
  To Bell's scheme not being a threat to anybody because it would
never work?  That it is nothing more than a theoretical exercise
which does not present a danger to a single soul? That it is
preposterous of the government to prosecute someone on the basis
of a pie-in-the-sky, preposterous idea?

  I'm certain the government is anxiously awaiting your testimony,
as well as that of a number of others on the list who seem to think
that Jim Bell is such a powerful and evil force that his mere
thoughts and speculations are an overwhelming threat to civilization
as we know it.

  Everyone who thinks they can implement Jim Bell's AP system
in the near future, raise both hands.
  Now bend over backwards, placing your head near your rectum.
  Now...

TruthMonger

 This Anonymous email has been relayed by http://www.MyEmail.net/
 MyEmail.Net is a free anonymous mailing service. No records indicating
 the identity of person(s) who originated this message are retrieved
 electronically, or as a requirement to submit. Your email address can
 be blocked to prevent further contact from this service, please refer
 to the URL above for instructions on how to do so.