1997-04-17 - Son of Flubber

Header Data

From: lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4fcfd7673e1da09bf48bc79c40789eb5046a2cbc2022b4838d87ebc239ead398
Message ID: <199704171151.HAA16334@dhp.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:51:58 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:51:58 -0700 (PDT)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Son of Flubber

>From wired.com newstory on McVeigh:

  Another juror said she thought the building that was bombed was
  the "Fred MacMurray Building." Fred MacMurray was an actor
  perhaps best known for his role as a father in the 1960s TV series
  "My Three Sons."

  And Capt. Buttons thought his A-10 could reach Denver because
it was running on Flubber.

  I wonder if perhaps Capt. Buttons wasn't perhaps involved in an
AP scheme wherein various military personnel can win big bucks by
guessing the date of the bombing of the Federal Building in Denver.

  Oh, I forgot...he just headed for Denver with a planeload of
bombs for no apparent reason.
  We wouldn't want to jump to any conclusions just because it was
at the beginning of the trial of a military terrorist.

  It's not like the military harbors militaristic types, or anything.
It's not like anyone hosting Jim Bell's "Assassination Politics" on
their system has close ties to the Davis-Monathan airbase in Tucson.
It's not like Dave Foreman of Earth First was involved in monkey-
wrenching with airmen in Tucson. It's not like airmen from Tucson
trade landmines for dope in Arivaca, south of Tucson.
  Nope, they're all too busy eating mom's apple pie and singing
"God Bless America" to do any of those things.

  And when one of them goes off on a bombing run and heads for
the site of the Oklahoma City bombing trial, well, it's just
one of life's little mysteries.

  Of course, the government isn't nervous about the loyalty of
their own military personnel. That certainly couldn't have
anything to do with them clamping down so hard on the release
of details of the trial.

TruthBomber

Thread