1997-04-05 - Re: Jim Bell raid

Header Data

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Message Hash: f02b25af5cd3dcf122d2e90a6f9ea9e074013d35aeb9a51d9321e5615754f534
Message ID: <3345AFD0.7E67@sk.sympatico.ca>
Reply To: <1.5.4.32.19970405010511.006f39f4@pop.pipeline.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-05 01:49:15 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:49:15 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: Toto <toto@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 17:49:15 -0800 (PST)
To: John Young <jya@pipeline.com>
Subject: Re: Jim Bell raid

John Young, checking his sources, as usual wrote:

> I asked Jim last night if he wanted any of the documents associated
> with the raid published and he said not yet:

> That the feds had set it all in motion with lurid affidavits, with press
> invitation, with paraded troops and battle armaments to fit the show
> and tell tinhorn war gamers seeking more funding -- tax time at hand.
>
> He seems bemused that his script was followed so dutifully for Act 1.
> And awaits the next acts, instigated not only by his taunts but by
> the national campaign to divert attention from TLA/LEA snafus.

  When I was running a nude club in Bell County, Texas, the local
paper carried a small item about how the Sheriff would soon
announce his bid for re-election.
  The next day, the constabulary raided my club, complete with
press, camera crews, etc.
  The following day, beneath the press report on the raid, was
another press report detailing the Sheriff's announcement of
his bid for re-election.

  I eventually left Bell County, but David Koresh moved in to fill
the void, apparently so that elected law enforcement officials
would not lack for bodies to lay on the scales of electoral justice.

> Jim's telephone number: 1-360-686-3911

> For a reality check compare Jim  to the world's presidents, parliaments,
> high-tech industrialists, spies and media infowar gamers trying valiantly
> to alarm the Disney-narcotized citizenry.

  Chasing the Disney Dragon is one way to become comfortably numb.
--
Toto
"The Xenix Chainsaw Massacre"

Thread