1997-04-16 - Re: What’s good for the goose…

Header Data

From: Alan Olsen <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
To: C Matthew Curtin <cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com>
Message Hash: f23b458e77379e5e965827cbbd834ada792139de92bb41a68d3b733bea55e453
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970415222927.03196100@mail.teleport.com>
Reply To: <01BC49A3.FD146380@colobus.loc201.tandem.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-04-16 05:36:22 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:36:22 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Alan Olsen <alan@ctrl-alt-del.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 1997 22:36:22 -0700 (PDT)
To: C Matthew Curtin <cmcurtin@research.megasoft.com>
Subject: Re: What's good for the goose...

At 06:46 PM 4/15/97 -0400, C Matthew Curtin wrote:

>Chris> Make your return address "wallace@cyberpromo.com" , that's
>Chris> right... Good old spamford wallaces email address needs a
>Chris> little traffic. You'll want to change your SIG so that people
>Chris> don't freak out on you.
>
>Something that I've been toying with is setting up an alias that all
>of the fools who spam somehow get subscribed to.  Procmail then
>filters incoming email for spam.  Rejects are redirected to the alias,
>rather than simply /dev/null.  Those that slip through procmail get
>"bounced" to the alias.  And, of course, there's always the option of
>instead piping the spam to a program that sends the mail to the alias
>from one of its own members.

If you REALLY wanted to be evil, you could just find a handy mail to news
gateway and hand off their message to *.test.  Of course most spammers do
not use a valid return address, so such retaliation is not that useful...

---
|            "Mi Tio es infermo, pero la carretera es verde!"            |
|"The moral PGP Diffie taught Zimmermann unites all| Disclaimer:         |
| mankind free in one-key-steganography-privacy!"  | Ignore the man      |
|`finger -l alano@teleport.com` for PGP 2.6.2 key  | behind the keyboard.|
|         http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com/~alan/       |alan@ctrl-alt-del.com|

Thread