1997-04-02 - q.N2

Header Data

From: nadeshda@mexred.net.mx (nadeshda vargas stepanenko)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f80230eb73bed79b4d40aa606163066f3a586d7e935c6b7ad6715e200d5d8952
Message ID: <3342CF22.6181@mexred.net.mx>
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:30:04 -0800 (PST)

Raw message

From: nadeshda@mexred.net.mx (nadeshda vargas stepanenko)
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 13:30:04 -0800 (PST)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: q.N2

	To whom it may concern:

	Thank you for answering my mail, it was very useful for me, but at the

end you asked me why do I think legislation would be needed?

	I have several opinions:

	In one part I think that it is not necessary to legislate, because as

you said you have to protect your privacy from the gobernent, I´m agree

of that, but I have other situations:

	I´m going to give you some examples:

	1) I heard about several cases about individuals who use the Internet

to attract children who are then raped and murdered, kidnapped and sold

on the black market, many of these pediophiles work out in open in

complete anonimaty, due to the structure of the Internet and many

service providers.

	2) And what about the terroists who use the Internet to comunicate with

each other, gather information and funding establish methods,

investigate methods of terrorism (how to make a bomb in your house using

abono and household chemicals.  This is an area that should be strongly

controlled, but the question is how do you do it without restricting the

rights of the average citizen?

Thread