1997-05-28 - Re: OECD attacks one of the Four Horsemen

Header Data

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 041dd38b4b3abfbf24e91fe7fe8e20c8db97510bfa72476179bd218c52744aff
Message ID: <199705281724.KAA15380@fat.doobie.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 01:56:13 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@huge.cajones.com (Huge Cajones Remailer)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 01:56:13 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: OECD attacks one of the Four Horsemen

Tim May wrote:

> News reports this morning that the OECD is moving out of strictly economic
> matters and is focussing on "child porn," calling a special meeting in July
> to discuss the laws of various countries and how they can be regularized to
> control the availability of porn and child porn on the Net.
>
> (The OECD is the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development

> The war is moving into its next phase.

There will be a "War on Porn" on the internet that will mirror the
"War on Drugs" currently taking place.
All that the government wants is their piece of the action. Like
drugs, the porn will always be available, but the price will
fluctuate according to the level of government control and/or
illegality.
The "War on Porn" will turn into another essential national industry
which will become part of the GNP.

The "winners" in this war will be the journalists who have covered
the "War on Drugs" as they will merely have to dust off old stories
and substitute "Porn" for "Drugs" wherever it occurs.
The "loser" will be the Hoover Vacume Cleaner Company, whose development
of Virtual Cathouse technology will fall victim to new legislation.

TruthMonger

> --Tim May
>
> There's something wrong when I'm a felon under an increasing number of laws.
> Only one response to the key grabbers is warranted: "Death to Tyrants!"
> Timothy C. May              | Crypto Anarchy: encryption, digital money,
> tcmay@got.net  408-728-0152 | anonymous networks, digital pseudonyms, zero
> W.A.S.T.E.: Corralitos, CA  | knowledge, reputations, information markets,
> Higher Power: 2^1398269     | black markets, collapse of governments.
> "National borders aren't even speed bumps on the information superhighway."

Thread