1997-05-26 - Re: Nym Servers

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: alan@ctrl-alt-del.com (Alan Olsen)
Message Hash: 356a9803b1726b98aaf7adcd67339aba96f2fbcafcc1783a9e1c459377ffa1d8
Message ID: <199705262119.QAA13412@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970526005335.03d3ec60@mail.teleport.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-26 21:27:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 05:27:44 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 05:27:44 +0800
To: alan@ctrl-alt-del.com (Alan Olsen)
Subject: Re: Nym Servers

Alan Olsen wrote:

> As well as active Cypherpunks mirrors, have there been many new nym servers
> coming into existance?  Most of them seem to have been dying on the vine.
>
> Info on new or existing nym servers appreciated.  (I am not certain in Raph
> has been covering them on the remailer list.)

As far as I understand, nym servers die because their maintainers get
tired of the huge amount of mass mailings, mailbombings and complaints
that these servers generate. Often enough they simply do not have the
bandwidth or CPU resources to maintain them.

	- Igor.

Thread