1997-05-08 - Re: List of GAK supporters

Header Data

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 558d83b224f7cec5ccab659f1c32c884e1a683b1267e2dbcae55e49560fe1fbc
Message ID: <v03102802af971e13f5fe@[207.67.207.179]>
Reply To: <3.0.32.19970507215109.006ac2a8@netcom13.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-08 06:25:34 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 14:25:34 +0800

Raw message

From: Marshall Clow <mclow@owl.csusm.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 May 1997 14:25:34 +0800
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: List of GAK supporters

At 9:51 PM -0700 5/7/97, Lucky Green wrote:
>At 09:37 PM 5/7/97 -0700, Marshall Clow wrote:
>>Apple, as far as I know, has no GAK project in place.
>>In fact, as far as I know, the last GAK-related action
>>that anyone at Apple has participated, was to participate in
>>the original press release.
>
>Which was a big mistake. I know I complained loudly to them. I suspect
>others did as well.
>
>>This is not meant as a defense of Apple. I have discussed
>>their support of this organization with senior management there,
>>and tried to convince them of the errors of their ways. Rather,
>>it is a comment on their current activities regarding GAK.
>
>Do you feel you had success in discussing this issue with them?
>
>Thanks,

No, I did not.

I feel that Apple's "lack of participation" is much more a preoccupation
with other matters (like losing $700M) rather than a stand on principle.

However, I suspect that if Apple management actually started work on
such a project (or were ready to begin seeding), there would be a lot of
opposition, both inside and outside Apple.

Martin, do you have any comment on this?

-- Marshall

Marshall Clow     Aladdin Systems   <mailto:mclow@mailhost2.csusm.edu>

"In Washington DC, officials from the White House, federal agencies and
Congress say regulations may be necessary to promote a free-market
system." --  CommunicationsWeek International April 21, 1997

Thread