1997-05-20 - Re: Wine Politics Again!

Header Data

From: “Attila T. Hun” <attila@primenet.com>
To: “Timothy C. May” <dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Message Hash: 638f94b2c51e2d4ae1832e9f35e6fe5a5c8415e162b3c2f306d7700e3e3b75c2
Message ID: <199705201701.LAA01248@infowest.com>
Reply To: <8a1H7D13w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-20 17:14:35 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 01:14:35 +0800

Raw message

From: "Attila T. Hun" <attila@primenet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 01:14:35 +0800
To: "Timothy C. May" <dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Subject: Re: Wine Politics Again!

    attila sez:

    Dresden was probably the first highly visible of America's
    willingness to literally destroy civilian populations with the
    express intent of demoralizing a nation.  however, history seems
    to indicate in was a Churchillian "revenge" for the Blitz carried
    out by both British and American bombers --however, the latter
    were capable of greated payloads at greater range.  apparently
    the American bombers carried primarily heavy ordinance, the
    British lit it up --however, the functions were probably mixed.

    Hiroshima may have been later, but Dresden set the stage. Hiroshime
    undoubtedly saved hundreds of thousands of both US troops and
    Japanese civilians from further war --the Emporer stepped in and
    made the broadcast without the approval of the general staff
    --basically, "enough is enough."  Dresden served virtually no
    purpose on the German front --the war was over. Churchill and
    Roosevelt approved Dresden for revenge; Truman just ended a war.

    Obliterating Iraq and continuing to grind the heel is just another
    round of power politics and US Middle East foreign policy.  To the
    rest of the world, the US is a militaristic bully bent on economic
    advantage -- the old British lion reincarnated.

    government is its own end:  power corrupts, and absolute power
    corrupts absolutely.  hasn't changed yet in history.  even the
    greats, Solomon, David, etc. fell prey to the siren song of power;
    why should far more inferior men like Bubba, who has absolutely
    nothing to his credit except deceit, be exempt?

    ________________________>

on or about 970510:1312 dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM) expostulated:

+Tim May <tcmay@got.net> writes:

+> Innocents died in Dresden. No doubt compelling stories and images could be
+> dug up of little Frieda slowly suffocating as the firestorms sucked the air
+> out of her underground shelter, or of little Hans screaming for his mother
+> as his hair bursts into flames. 300,000 died in that fire bomb raid, freely
+> admitted to be a  "public demonstration" of allied willingness to destroy
+> civilians in what was primarily a "cultural" city, not a significant center
+> of military production.

+Why go so far back?  How many civilians were murdered by the U.S.
+gubmint in Korea, in Viet Nam, in Panama, in Iraq?

  Lord grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change;
    The courage to change the things I can;
      The weapons that make the difference;
        And the wisdom to hide the bodies of the people
          I had to kill because they pissed me off.
 "attila" 1024/C20B6905/23 D0 FA 7F 6A 8F 60 66 BC AF AE 56 98 C0 D7 B0

Thread