1997-05-30 - Re: There’s something wrong when I’m a felon under an increasing number of

Header Data

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
To: TruthMonger.tm@dev.null
Message Hash: 89b65daa6903091277fe10d79b29c81889bf27da63c37146e00f6d1fc335d775
Message ID: <Pine.BSF.3.91.970530114520.14485D-100000@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Reply To: <199705291623.KAA00762@wombat.sk.sympatico.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-30 17:18:43 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 01:18:43 +0800

Raw message

From: Rabid Wombat <wombat@mcfeely.bsfs.org>
Date: Sat, 31 May 1997 01:18:43 +0800
To: TruthMonger.tm@dev.null
Subject: Re: There's something wrong when I'm a felon under an increasing number of

>   A major nail in the coffin of Justice for any accused in the U.S.
>
> was when the justice system promoted the concept of guilt by virtue
>
> of "circumstantial" evidence to the point where people can now be
>
> convicted as a result of speculation rather than evidence. Prosecutors
>
> now seem to need only to convince the sheeple that it was "possible"
>
> for the defendant to have commited the crime and that circumstantial
>
> evidence points *only* to the accused.

Yeah, right. Must be how O.J. got convicted in criminal court. Ooops -
just remembered that he walked. Maybe Bell can beat the wrap with a good
stiff-arm and a few Hertz commercials ...

Thread