1997-05-14 - Kill a Fag, Go to Congress / Was–Re: Disinformation in L.A.

Header Data

From: lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8b172314cdb8aa21b9f3019b5d63d78d2addc27a830ddbd8e8a3867db885c875
Message ID: <199705141940.PAA05817@dhp.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 04:03:36 +0800

Raw message

From: lucifer@dhp.com (lucifer Anonymous Remailer)
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 04:03:36 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Kill a Fag, Go to Congress / Was--Re: Disinformation in L.A.

Tom Allard wrote:
> >   Didn't her boss's murderer walk on the charge by using the defence
> > that he ate too many Twinkies?
> >   No political intrigue here...
>
> That was the defense, yes.  Dan White was a former cop and treated like a
> hero by fellow cops.  The prosecution never really challenged the Twinkie
> defense, nor did they bring up politics or homophobia as motives.  With a
> prosecution like that, who needs a defense?

  I remember that it was seen as being a message to the gay community
that they were getting too "uppity" for their own good.
  (I wonder how they got that idea? <former cop kills a queer, gets
treated like a hero, prosecuters play with Little Peter while he gets
off for eating too many Twinkies, and Swinestein is waiting in the
wings to do an "LBJ">.)
  The government is a lot like the Mob--other politicians can't really
trust you until you've whacked somebody and they have it to hold over
your head so that you'll play along.

SwineMonger

Thread