1997-05-12 - Crypto Makes Nuclear Disinfectants Easier to Deploy

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 8c68038fd8386e0c7f56211fb578af04f550879be30177b53e8a537048dcd3ab
Message ID: <v03007802af9c43420709@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <19970510135714.39308@bywater.songbird.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-12 17:59:44 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 01:59:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 01:59:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: Crypto Makes Nuclear Disinfectants Easier to Deploy

At 3:25 PM -0800 5/10/97, Duncan Frissell wrote:
>On Sat, 10 May 1997, Kent Crispin wrote:
>
>> I would expect a "cypherpunk riot" to be a little more aimed at
>> cyberspace than real-world suburban neighborhoods.  Wouldn't you?
>
>Tim was mostly talking about nuking the District of Columbia.  You will
>note that that is an artificial community filled entirely with politicians
>and their sycophants.  It is sort of like the train that Ayn has blow up
>in the Rocky Mountain tunnel in Atlas Shrugged.  There are no innocents
>there. (Well a few tourists and Ethiopian immigrants who don't know better
>but you can't win 'em all.)  Note also that he is hoping others will do
>the deed.  He's not volunteering.
>
>There will be a few unfortunate explosions in the world over the next few
>years so I'm sure Tim is just hoping for a beneficial target selection.

Indeed. Beneficial target selection. Though I think it much more likely
that the U.S.-recognized capital of the Zionist entity will be a more
likely target to undergo nuclear cleansing. (And even there some innocent
civilians, both Muslim and Jew, will surely be hastened to their meetings
with Allah, He Whose Name May Not be Expressed (YHWH), or the Great Honey
Bear. No accounting for wanting to live in near Ground Zero...religion is a
strange thing.)

What I think a careful perusal of my comments about D.C. will reveal is
that I will not cry for its destruction, and would, all in all, smile a
broad grin if I wake up some morning to hear on CNN that D.C. is no more.
It's a free country, so I can express such happy thoughts about such
corruptions being cleansed.

(As for crypto and Cypherpunks, anyone who is honest must admit that strong
crypto and Cypherpunks are helping to make this a more plausible scenario.
The bullshit that strong crypto is only for "democratic forces" is too
naive to even comment on. Strong crypto is to give a handful of people the
power to undermine statist authorities and imperial capitals.)

--Tim May