1997-05-14 - Re: The Interlinked Cypherpunks Lists? (fwd)

Header Data

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
To: ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Message Hash: 9b773a22edd5f2663b6c78c25229eac7e66abbc60b12dda3a99077c50c072f2d
Message ID: <199705141210.NAA01034@server.test.net>
Reply To: <199705140034.TAA23384@einstein.ssz.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-14 13:36:48 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:36:48 +0800

Raw message

From: Adam Back <aba@dcs.ex.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 21:36:48 +0800
To: ravage@EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Subject: Re: The Interlinked Cypherpunks Lists? (fwd)

Jim Choate <ravage@ssz.com> writes:
> [...]
> I don't want it known who is subscribed to lists through SSZ, in short:
> It isn't any of your damn business and quit asking.

Oh.  I guess that explains the blank message I got back from
majordomo@ssz.com!  I counted that as no one subscribed (or inactive).
So I guess the count of cypherpunks subscribers is an underestimate
having discounted anyone subscribed through ssz.com.

Would you be interested to reveal the number of subscribers for
counting purposes?  (Not a big deal if you're not).

> > The only true reliability can be achieved by subscribing to two or more
> > cypherpunks sites, and eliminating duplicates. Reliability has its costs.
>
> As do freedom, privacy, anonymity, etc.

If you have a shell account, you could run an email concentrator
(remove duplicates) with procmail, and then down load only the non
duplicates.  With this setup you could subscribe to all 3 lists and
not notice any outages.

Adam