1997-05-07 - Re: Jim Bell in the Oregonian

Header Data

From: jimbell@pacifier.com (Jim Bell)
To: Alan <cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: 9f170de1d976d0f113c1f837465a0b217749c7603e06d50fda001acfa00475d3
Message ID: <199705070152.SAA13143@mail.pacifier.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:12:27 +0800

Raw message

From: jimbell@pacifier.com (Jim Bell)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:12:27 +0800
To: Alan <cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: Re: Jim Bell in the Oregonian

At 11:09 5/06/97 -0700, Alan wrote:

>Jim Bell has an editorial (with his picture) in the Oregonian. (Morning
>edition, May 6th, 1997 page B-9.)  It takes up about a quarter of the
>page.
>
>It is an interesting read.  It does not address the problems with AP,

Given that the article was, more or less, limited to 800 words (it actually
runs about 40 over this informal limit) it is by no means surprising that it
"does not address the problems [sic] with AP."

Why would you think it would?!?

> but
>it does deal with the raid and other issues involved.

And I've already posted it, but it probably hadn't appeared to most CP
subscribers, certainly not by the time you posted your note, and maybe not
even when I post this note.

>Jim might consider posting a copy of the original article here.  Given the
>Oregano's love of cut-and-paste journalism, it would be interesting how
>the original and print versions differ.

I didn't seen any substantial changes to the body of the article, although
my preferred title wasn't used.

Jim Bell
jimbell@pacifier.com

Thread