1997-05-14 - Re: KKK derails crypto bill, report from House Judiciary…

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
To: “William H. Geiger III” <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Message Hash: a0ead33dbc98550e5002bc62048106106483e365a83886acb4467bef1abaed39
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970513220459.18020F-100000@well.com>
Reply To: <199705140035.TAA10601@mailhub.amaranth.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-14 05:21:38 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:21:38 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@well.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 13:21:38 +0800
To: "William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com>
Subject: Re: KKK derails crypto bill, report from House Judiciary...

I appreciate William's comments, but he fails to understand the reality of
the situation. Let's forget about the "furtherance" provision for a
moment.

Congress is not passing a new law in lifting export controls. Rather, it
is reducing the sweep of one it already passed that the White House has
abused.

-Declan

On Tue, 13 May 1997, William H. Geiger III wrote:

Thread