1997-05-03 - Barmy for Bhajis!

Header Data

From: Shift Control <nobody@faust.guardian.co.uk>
To: shiftcontrol@nml.guardian.co.uk
Message Hash: ccdf1dc2672dbd6328ac5e33692f4f9b0b7bafe112642713dfe505378d3336c0
Message ID: <199705021107.MAA07297@faust.guardian.co.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 21:52:21 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Shift Control <nobody@faust.guardian.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 21:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
To: shiftcontrol@nml.guardian.co.uk
Subject: Barmy for Bhajis!

This week we've taken one of the net's most respected magazines - and
curried it. That's right, we proudly invite you to feast on the Curried
Issue of Shift Control, a veritable korma-copia of spicy treats. Our
menu includes every curried delicacy ever invented - plus one or two
that Shift Control's own masters of masala have cooked up themselves...

The starter: Poppadum will eat itself (a poppadum taste-a-thon).

The main dish: A tour through the three levels of curry house, from the
corner kormarama to the true viceroys of vindaloo.

The side dishes:
Curried thumbs - a tasteful selection of microwavable curries.
Curried songs - from 'Korma Chameleon' to 'Vindaloo Sunset'.
Curried Spice Girls - if the Girls were curries, what kinds would they be?
Curried films - featuring 'Last Mango in Paris' and other screen platters.

Also on the menu this week...

The best curry of the millennium and a quiz to test how wild you are about
curry - all with a rich and fragrant smothering of instant granulated Chip
Shop Curry Sauce. Mmmm.

We also cater for those who prefer British fare with a fine selection of
fiction, including your chance to win £200 - a lot of curries - by entering
our short story competition.

So give yourself a tasty treat and partake in our sumptuous offerings, all
of which are hot, steaming and awaiting your delectation  at
http://www.shiftcontrol.com

Shift Control is produced by the Guardian's New Media Lab with help from
Boddingtons and Stella Artois Dry

To unsubscribe from this mailing list send e-mail to
shiftcontrol-request@nml.guardian.co.uk
with the following text in the body of the mail message:
unsubscribe

Thread