1997-05-19 - Re: Disinformation from folks like Kent on this list

Header Data

From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Message Hash: d80fbb4d32fad1bb946c2a2a21cca07c179971d1e2cc8dd43826c97fb1017b9e
Message ID: <19970518202227.05654@bywater.songbird.com>
Reply To: <199705151347.JAA18147@bksmp2.FRB.GOV>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-19 03:37:19 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:37:19 +0800

Raw message

From: Kent Crispin <kent@songbird.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 1997 11:37:19 +0800
To: cypherpunks@algebra.com
Subject: Re: Disinformation from folks like Kent on this list

On Fri, May 16, 1997 at 09:56:16AM -0800, Tim May wrote:
[...]
> No, what I find so irksome about Kent is his obdurate unwillingness to
> bother to learn whereof he speaks:

[.points of varying levels of bogosity deleted.]

> And so on.
>
> I've taken to sometimes responding to him, but usually not. Nothing
> delights me more than seeing some long rambling criticism of us, and our
> work, and then deleting it.

You really need to get a life, Tim.

> Kent is just one of several folks who've discovered this list, share none
> of its core values, and seeks to disrupt it with innuendos, spam, insults,
> and disinformation.

<serious>
This is all false.  The relationship between my values and the values
of this list are very complex, but clearly there is some overlap.  And
disrupting this list is simply not a goal of mine -- it's very
entertaining, and a fine collecting ground...
</serious>

> Kent, please go away.

What, and deprive you of all the above mentioned delight?

> --Tim May
>
> There's something wrong when I'm a felon under an increasing number of laws.

Are you referring to the lack of effective enforcement?

--
Kent Crispin				"No reason to get excited",
kent@songbird.com			the thief he kindly spoke...

Thread