1997-05-11 - Re: The War is Underway (fwd)

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: Kent Crispin <unicorn@schloss.li>
Message Hash: de510d4cadbab2d6f6158b0fe95dc5789eea3402972b4ddbcb2db21b686d32b4
Message ID: <3.0.32.19970511130456.0071d4b4@netcom13.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 07:01:53 +0800

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 1997 07:01:53 +0800
To: Kent Crispin <unicorn@schloss.li>
Subject: Re: The War is Underway (fwd)

At 04:10 PM 5/10/97 -0700, Kent Crispin wrote:

>Hence the value of the "Crypto is Cool" approach.  A valuable addition
>would be crypto packages designed for high school kids.  All my many
>nieces and nephews are on the net...

I usually don't reply to these kind of posts, but since you have mentioned
this before and since you obviously still don't deem it appropriate to get
yourself up to speed by reading the archives, your idea has been discussed
and tried.

People won't use crypto unless it is either transparent, meaning put there
*for* them by the OS vendor/application developer or because the see a need
for using it. The few fanatics that use crypto because "it is cool" are
inconsequential when the objective is bringing crypto to the masses.

-- Lucky Green <mailto:shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred

   "I do believe that where there is a choice only between cowardice and
    violence, I would advise violence." Mahatma Gandhi

Thread