1997-05-07 - Re: Controversial Commercial ISP for Remailer?

Header Data

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
To: sunder@brainlink.com (Ray Arachelian)
Message Hash: e949cdb67a332ba4f8b78ab9bb57c79f0b6267865e4a533e8a869a11af0996aa
Message ID: <199705070140.UAA24968@manifold.algebra.com>
Reply To: <Pine.SUN.3.91.970506115553.20708G-100000@beast.brainlink.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-07 02:10:13 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:10:13 +0800

Raw message

From: ichudov@algebra.com (Igor Chudov @ home)
Date: Wed, 7 May 1997 10:10:13 +0800
To: sunder@brainlink.com (Ray Arachelian)
Subject: Re: Controversial Commercial ISP for Remailer?

some of the best hacks that I heard was to install a trojan
instead of, say, cat, that would randomly change one byte in
a randomly chosen file.

this is hard to notice, and when you do notice that, all the backups are
useless.

basically, install lots of backdoors and then play with their minds.

some ppl would steal CC# of their customers and publish them, but I would
not do it.

igor

Ray Arachelian wrote:

> On Mon, 5 May 1997 ichudov@algebra.com wrote:
>
> > Let's say, what if instead of spamming Prof. Arachelian hacks Cyberpromo
> > and deletes all files there? Would it also be inconsistent, in your
> > view?
>
> Fictionally speaking, if the Prof. (when did I earn that title?) does
> hack Cyberpromo, the Prof wouldn't delete all the files, for doing so
> would simply cause them to restore their files from tape thus cause not
> much to happen.  No, were I to do something like that (and I wouldn't) it
> would have to be something that would keep them down for a long time, not
> for eight hours while their tape drive restores stuff.
>
> Any suggestions as to what this would be for those out there willing to do
> such a deed? :) My own suggestion would be to hack into the routers
> surrounding them and set them up to connect any attempts to connect to
> machines outside cyberpromo.com on port 25 back to cyberpromo's own sendmail
> server.  Setting up their sendmail configs to do the same would also be a
> nice backup.  That would be IMHO a proper hack.  (Anyone care to share router
> hacking techniques, and how to do such a thing?-- Again, not that I would
> do this myself.)

> .+.^.+.|  Ray Arachelian    | "So make a move and plead the fifth,   |./|\.
> ..\|/..|sunder@sundernet.com|  'cause you can't pleade the first!"   |/\|/\
> ../|\..| "A toast to Odin,  | For with those which eternal lie, with |.\|/.
> .+.v.+.|God of screwdrivers"| strange aeons, even death may die.     |.....

	- Igor.

Thread