1997-05-02 - Re: Fingerprint Stego

Header Data

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
To: Alec <camcc@abraxis.com>
Message Hash: f96d4c64bcfcf30f3388ba60c385d4927b36ae44ffda504627ec131405f8bcef
Message ID: <3.0.1.32.19970501221524.00680708@popd.ix.netcom.com>
Reply To: <199704291937.MAA08955@netcom23.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-05-02 05:26:28 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 13:26:28 +0800

Raw message

From: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 13:26:28 +0800
To: Alec <camcc@abraxis.com>
Subject: Re: Fingerprint Stego

>|It seems the INS and FBI are unwilling to grant US citizenship to
>|persons without legible fingerprints.
..
>Does this mean that, ipso facto (I love it), physically challenged
>individuals with missing or deformed hands are excluded regardless of other
>qualifications? What a monstrosity of a rule!

Or at least that some individual thugs working for La Migra think so.
If your real fingerprints are <null set>, then those are your
real fingerprints - and if the Thugs don't like it, fire them.

>Was this carried over the wire? AP?
(Hey, we weren't talking about Jim Bell here.  Maybe we should?:-)

>|"This is not something we take lightly," said INS spokesperson
>|Irene Mortensen. "We can't just arbitrarily give out citizenship
>|to just anyone."
>Is it not possible to retroactively _remove_ the citizenship of such an
>arrogant bureaucrat to test whether she could make the grade imposed on the
>rest of the world's "refuse?"

Only for treason; this may qualify.   While the Constitution does give
Congress authority to set procedures for naturalizing immigrants,
it doesn't give them an option about _whether_ to do it.  Just how.

#			Thanks;  Bill
# Bill Stewart, +1-415-442-2215 stewarts@ix.netcom.com
#     (If this is a mailing list, please Cc: me on replies.  Thanks.)

Thread