1997-06-08 - Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0cb6d390b9205b404aca5b7e510398a910c4447233594eb03cf82edf3850d25f
Message ID: <o8eZ8D31w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199706081214.HAA02893@mailhub.amaranth.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-08 13:53:30 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 21:53:30 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 1997 21:53:30 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

"William H. Geiger III" <whgiii@amaranth.com> writes:

> In <Pine.LNX.3.91.970607230450.11734A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>, on
> 06/07/97
>    at 11:11 PM, Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk> said:
>
> >I live in mainland England. NI, although still violent, is now not the
> >only place bombed by the IRA, until a few years ago they mainly attacked
> >targets in NI, they now bomb all over the country.
>
> Well I can only see this as a good thing. :)
>
> It is the people of England that support that illegal occupation of Irish
> soil by Brittish troops. It is only right that they should have to suffer
> the consequences.

Paul,

The reason why the IRA bombs (or threatens to bomb) targets all over the UK
is that they want to make the voting public so sick and tired of the status
quo in NI that they'll demand a pull-out, which is just what the IRA wants.

The UK is a democracy - supposedly it's up to the voters to decide if they
want the UK to stay in NI, so the voters are being "persuaded".

The PLO used a similar successful strategy to convince Israeli voters to
agree to peace talks.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM