1997-06-17 - Re: Declan as a Budding Washington Insider

Header Data

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3030f45595966c84b4dba3258d2dff8cbef038e4d4624e2fd6fbf7cbc0ac439c
Message ID: <v0302090bafcc4b872f67@[139.167.130.246]>
Reply To: <v03102800afcb21804eb5@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-17 14:57:18 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:57:18 +0800

Raw message

From: Robert Hettinga <rah@shipwright.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 22:57:18 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Declan as a Budding Washington Insider

At 2:30 am -0400 on 6/17/97, Bill Stewart wrote:

> Foo ...  On a list with several millionares, people who make the
> New York Times Magazine cover, people who get in the Times for
> successfully suing the NSA, college students who get covered on
> National Public Radio, people who were in Wired before it was c001,
> people who drop in on Esther in New York because they'll be too
> busy to see her at Hackers', people who were Xanadudes or SGML hackers
> decades before the Web caught on, people who were on the Well
> before that Grateful Dead lyricist got there, various wizards of
> speed and time, folks who have Japanese tv crews show up for their parties
> and already know Tim Leary when he drops... by, I'd say we have enough
> people who are or know Silicon Valley insiders to really complain much
> when people from the Other Coast talk about who _they_ had lunch with :-)

Wow. How utterly cool. I guess it's time to move. Your country sounds waay
better than my country...

;-)

Cheers,
Bob Hettinga

Robert Hettinga (rah@shipwright.com), Philodox
e$, 44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA
The e$ Home Page: http://www.shipwright.com/

Thread