1997-06-19 - Re: HACKERS SMASH U.S. GOVERNMENT ENCRYPTION STANDARD

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 35c31ba5f980429c380ae97e0e360a4e97d5d35b049c538c938dc03bc8ec8068
Message ID: <sqZJ9D3w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970619094828.559E-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-19 16:49:44 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:49:44 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 00:49:44 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: HACKERS SMASH U.S. GOVERNMENT ENCRYPTION STANDARD

Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk> writes:

> > INetZ vice president Jon Gay said "We hope that this will encourage
> > people to demand the highest available encryption security, such as
> > the 128-bit security provided by C2Net's Stronghold product, rather
> > than the weak 56-bit ciphers used in many other platforms."
>
> INetZ obviously hasn`t had experience of C2Net, the censorous cocksuckers
> who send lawyer letters to security consultants who question the strength
> of their products.
>
> > C2Net is the leading worldwide provider of uncompromised Internet
> > security software. C2Net's encryption products are developed entirely
> > outside the United States, allowing the firm to offer full-strength
> > cryptography solutions for international communications and
> > commerce.
>
> C2Net also censor all dissenters over the security of their products, try
> it if you want to prove my point, just post a message to a security forum
> questioning the security of stronghold.

I recall reading that the Hebrew word "Amen", meaning roughly, "it is so",
comes from the name of the Egyptian god Amon.  Therefore "by Jove" is a
close English equivalent.

---

Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM