1997-06-25 - Re: New Laws in Oregon - “Land of the Legal betatest”

Header Data

From: Ryan Anderson <randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 3664f85a51055e5f05da4ffca574501d8fe37d0b474a3094a8670fe3a01d96a6
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970625174813.4119B-100000@ece>
Reply To: <199706250637.CAA15190@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-25 22:06:01 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 06:06:01 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Anderson <randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 06:06:01 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: New Laws in Oregon - "Land of the Legal betatest"

On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, lucifer Anonymous Remailer wrote:

> > We've got a relatively decent style of government here.

>   Sure, as long as you don't step out of line, like at Kent State
> or Waco, or at the Democratic convention in Chicago.
>   Any style of government is "relatively decent" if you don't
> rock the boat. Buy a fucking clue...

Do I have to spell out everything for you?  "Style of government" as in
governmental *DESIGN*, not the current situation.  I'm talking about the
layout of Congress, the Executive branch, the Supreme Court, etc.  I'm not
discussing who is in the Congress, the Executive branch, or the Supremem
Court at this point in time.

This whole discussion has been, from my point of view at least, mostly
theoretical in a discussion of possible ways to alter the government to
stay away from the situations that we are in now.

Buy you're own fucking clue.

Ryan Anderson - <Pug Majere>     "Who knows, even the horse might sing"
Wayne State University - CULMA   "May you live in interesting times.."
randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu                        Ohio = VYI of the USA
PGP Fingerprint - 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9