1997-06-03 - Re: any off-line client for DES crack?

Header Data

From: Bryce <bryce@digicash.com>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: 59f058ca6999bb6ba16a56b13101721b972ed45b22d5c5bc310439235e8f9c75
Message ID: <199706031005.MAA22408@digicash.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.89.9706021511.A22051-0100000@netcom19>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-03 17:23:50 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:23:50 +0800

Raw message

From: Bryce <bryce@digicash.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 01:23:50 +0800
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: any off-line client for DES crack?

 A million monkeys operating under the pseudonym
 "Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>" typed:

> Are the computers completely off the net or are they behind a firewall or
> dial-up connection? If the boxes can talk to a networked UNIX box
> that is behind the same side of the firewall or have a dial-up connection,
> DESCHALL offers helper software for you.

Nope.  I'm thinking of really and truly off-the-net computers.
I wonder how many of them there are that might participate in
the DES crack if the input and output can simply be directed
to/from a file...

Regards,

Zooko

Disclaimers follow:  I am not a crook.  NOT speaking for DigiCash
or any other person or organization.  No PGP sig follows.

Thread