1997-06-11 - Re: Untraceable Contract Killings

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: 6b79d548d4143324250f5bdc28e7f66dfea77bb10240e07befe20fa1cde1ace2
Message ID: <199706110045.RAA13474@netcom16.netcom.com>
Reply To: <v03102818afc32f6b5b30@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-11 00:54:38 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:54:38 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 1997 08:54:38 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Untraceable Contract Killings

TCM
>Nonsense. The mechanisms for arranging the hit are untraceable. Thus, it
>hardly matters who the "suspects" are, as nothing is provable. (Assuming no
>implicating ephemera are left lying around on disk drives....)
>
>By the way, this is not really Bell's "assassination politics," this is
>just anonymous contract killings, known about to some of us since Chaum's
>work was first published...cf. my own "Crypto Anarchist Manifesto," 1988.
>
>I may sound touchy on this issue, but I'm seeing more and more articles
>here and relayed from outside essentially giving Bell the credit for
>inventing these kinds of markets, when in fact he's a relative latecomer.

why be bashful, timmy? go ahead and say it.
"I invented the concept of anonymous contract killings via cyberspace,
and I'm quite proud of this, and it annoys me when people don't give me
proper credit"

Thread