1997-06-23 - Re: Canarypunk: Jim Bell in a coalmine

Header Data

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
To: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Message Hash: 777225a2af2f764253a55b1976209937c2d069da6570b2438267cbb11aba847e
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970623001303.18526D-100000@cp.pathfinder.com>
Reply To: <199706230158.DAA25236@basement.replay.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-23 04:27:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:27:14 +0800

Raw message

From: Declan McCullagh <declan@pathfinder.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:27:14 +0800
To: Anonymous <nobody@replay.com>
Subject: Re: Canarypunk: Jim Bell in a coalmine

Interesting theory, but unfortunately untrue. Bell is not being held
incommunicado. His mother told me she sees him regularly, if not daily.
His lawyer talks to him. He's able to make collect calls, like most
prisoners.

Hardly "incommunicado."

-Declan

PS: Note I'm not defending holding Bell without bail.

Thread