1997-06-10 - Re: Thoughtcrime (Re: My War) (fwd)

Header Data

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
To: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Message Hash: 8966e131febf3183d73fb76a8abdc044ccf43c7c01084d3a52e4fc3658b1b0a9
Message ID: <3.0.2.32.19970609224931.00755400@netcom13.netcom.com>
Reply To: <v03102813afc280fe6067@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-10 06:14:59 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:14:59 +0800

Raw message

From: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 1997 14:14:59 +0800
To: ichudov@Algebra.COM (Igor Chudov @ home)
Subject: Re: Thoughtcrime   (Re: My War) (fwd)

At 11:22 PM 6/9/97 -0500, Igor Chudov @ home wrote:
>I have a business plan. It presumes that I can RECEIVE cash
>anonymously and operate in a certain city. As far as I understand,
>a modification of existing protocols allows to implement anonymity
>of payees.

Receiving the cash is the hard part. This has been discussed extensively.
You can post to alt.drugs and advertise your wares. You can mail the wares
by simply putting them in random mailboxes. You can even receive the
purchase orders, though this is at present more difficult. What you can't
do is get the money securely. You need two way anonymous ecash for that
purpose. And that doesn't exist yet for all practical purposes. Though I
hear this major obstacle to free enterprise is about to be overcome.

--Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com> PGP encrypted mail preferred.

  Put a stake through the heart of DES! Join the quest at
  http://www.frii.com/~rcv/deschall.htm

Thread