1997-06-20 - War has been Declared

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Message Hash: 8f91234369fea813b590fcd6bf4559cce389cf68b68a7e5bad26b471133e6aba
Message ID: <v03102802afcf900806d3@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03007801afcf434c4bd2@[168.161.105.191]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-20 01:50:15 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:50:15 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 09:50:15 +0800
To: cypherpunks@cyberpass.net
Subject: War has been Declared

At 3:51 PM -0700 6/19/97, Mike Duvos wrote:

>You really can't fight Congress.  Ten minutes after you defeat a
>bill and spend all your resources, it will be back on the floor
>under another name and the whole thing will start over again.
>After you defeat that one, you will discover that the text of the
>measure got passed late one night as an ammendment to something
>completely unrelated.
>
>The government has infinite resources to harp incessantly on
>anything until they engineer consent for it and get what they
>want. Resistance is Futile.  You will be Assimilated.

Precisely. This "wear them out" strategy has been obvious from the beginning.

As has been the invocation of the Four Horsemen of the Infocalypse, used
increasingly to get anything passed.

The "war" many of us have known was coming is upon us.

There's no hope in negotiating for a compromise with them.

--Tim May