1997-06-08 - Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: carlier@iguana.be
Message Hash: 9ed7257442db9f58b5363c20a1ab655799f084aa50e335e01212590ec20af69c
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970608135502.729A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <Pine.LNX.3.95.970608133133.2498A-100000@inlimbox.iguana.be>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-08 16:03:58 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 00:03:58 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 1997 00:03:58 +0800
To: carlier@iguana.be
Subject: Re: [CONTROVERSIAL]: A Defense of Terrorism

> I agree with civil disobediance as a matter of revolt, and of course if
> you have a reason to do so. Not everything the government does is wrong,
> only because it is done by the government.

There we disagree. I believe the scale of crimes commited by governments
as a whole varies from government to government, and from one time to
another. However, the natural "evolutionary" process of government always
results in a pervasive state which controls more than it should. This is
why, although I support the ideals and sentiments behind minarchism, I do
not believe it is possible, without systems such as AP, or simply
anonymous assasination contracts, to support minarchist government and
keep it stable and static. (maybe, even though Jim Bell intended AP to
support and maintain anarchy it might lead to more stable minarchist
government by providing a means of removing those who go too far in their
search for power?).

Even then though, I cannot see how a stable minarchist state can be
created which we can be assured will remain static in it`s powers, and
the very notion of a state which has certain powers at its disposal, even
if it does not use them, does not leave me with a good feeling.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/