1997-06-14 - Re: Netscape Security Flaw is a Feature

Header Data

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
To: carlier@iguana.be
Message Hash: ceb6be344d2c05a458bf7ca812424101efe08567c7e9fef56e9382dbe6946552
Message ID: <v0310280bafc7a348b38b@[207.167.93.63]>
Reply To: <v03102802afc67bb040fb@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-14 01:56:32 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 09:56:32 +0800

Raw message

From: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 1997 09:56:32 +0800
To: carlier@iguana.be
Subject: Re: Netscape Security Flaw is a Feature

At 2:29 PM -0700 6/13/97, Kris Carlier wrote:
>Tim,
>
>> Meanwhile, Microsoft has acknowledge that all lines to its Redmond site are
>> clogged by people dumping Navigator and trying to download Explorer.
>
>Are you sure they are trying to get Explorer ? it's *very* difficult to
>buy a PC nowadays that comes without it. My guess is that people are still
>trying to get the vital bugfixes for NT, IE, Win95,...

It was a joke.

As you are a non-native English speaker (Belarus?), my subtlety may not
have been as obvious as it would be to any reasonably-bright American or
Brit.

In any case, I use a Macintosh and Explorer 3.0, and no browser came with
my Mac when I bought it in '94. Many machines of various flavors were sold
prior to Explorer or Navigator being bundled.

Me, I have no immediate plans to switch to Explorer.

--Tim May