1997-06-06 - Re: Dimitri McVeigh

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: lucifer Anonymous Remailer <lucifer@dhp.com>
Message Hash: db6f1a9da6155c1c61447812c4cb9267ca8df09ac44c55c67d9588ba004b1a17
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970606102439.1642C-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <199706060336.XAA23074@dhp.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-06 13:16:07 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 21:16:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 21:16:07 +0800
To: lucifer Anonymous Remailer <lucifer@dhp.com>
Subject: Re: Dimitri McVeigh

>   Dimitri has long pushed the envelope of censorship and challenged
> those who don't like it to do something about it.
>   The reason that Hallam-Baker is able to post thinly veiled "Dimitri
> is a cocksucker!" messages to the list is because Dimitri refused to
> lay down and quit when he was forcibly censored for his "Gilmore is
> a cocksucker!" messages. If the censorship coupe d'etat had succeded,
> then Hallam-Baker's post would have been trashed into the flames list.

Yes, Hallam-Baker seems unable to handle a killfile.

>   The bottom line is that Hallam-Baker's demeaning of Dimitri without
> facing censorship on this list and on USENET is partly the result of
> the efforts of Dimitri, himself, to fight censorship.
>   This is not surprising, since, after all, Dimitri is a cypherpunk.
> (Despite all of his claims to the contrary.)

I think the "John Gilmore is a cocksucker", along with the
OBModeratorFodder material played a strong part in bringing about an
uncensored list, it is often necessary to bring the censorous
motherfuckers out into the open, there is no better way to do this than
posting rants they do not like, for a good example of this technique see
Dr. Grubor.
I should also note than not all Dimitri posts is one-line rants, not now
anyway ;-)...

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org