1997-06-18 - Re: Declan as a Crime Beat Reporter

Header Data

From: “Vladimir Z. Nuri” <vznuri@netcom.com>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: e46a022c14638e1b2aca7a96aed43e085271fb8cd1518e313dbeef9c1885f2c7
Message ID: <199706180334.UAA12837@netcom2.netcom.com>
Reply To: <v03102800afcc849b8fca@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-18 03:44:20 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:44:20 +0800

Raw message

From: "Vladimir Z. Nuri" <vznuri@netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 11:44:20 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Declan as a Crime Beat Reporter

[declan]
>Another way of viewing the Washington reporter problem is to view him as a
>Hollywood reporter, sort of an Army Archerd character "doing lunch" at
>Chasen's and The Brown Derby, not to mention doing lines at the Viper Club.
>
>But a more accurate comparison is to crime beat reporters, those scribblers
>who hang out at the Mafia watering holes and social clubs (when they're
>allowed in, to spin a story in a favorable way), reporting on the turf
>battles between the rival factions, and leaking out rumors of who's
>planning to make a move on Vinnie Bones.

ah, so lets see, given your strange fascination with the mafia and
mafia-like ventures such as Blacknet and anonymous digital-cash
funded cyberspace assassination, that would make you a prime
Declan follower and admirer.

>One more day in the life of Declan McCullagh, Washington Crime Family Reporter

hee, hee, I hope that Declan comes up with an amusing mishmash of your
own life. turnabout is fair play. maybe if he doesn't, someone else
can take a stab at satirizing mr. debauched millionaire playboy
who dabbles in cryptography theory.

Thread