1997-06-20 - Re: Cypherpunks write code

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Message Hash: fad4f7629a8fd060c4e015881b403ce5b3fe0455e7214f76a14934cb2cb62da6
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970620124049.285A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970620010244.0074e088@netcom9.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-06-20 16:35:44 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:35:44 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 00:35:44 +0800
To: Lucky Green <shamrock@netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Cypherpunks write code

> But who cares? Cypherpunks write code! We know that we need to get the
> tools out. Deployment wins.
>
> So let's not get hung up on the events in DC. Don't call your Senator.
> Don't waste time reading "policy posts". Write code!

This sums up my own sentiments entirely. People don`t realise that there
is just no way to prevent a bill from passing if the government wants it
to pass, and also I find the idea of bargaining with poloticians distasteful.

> We have monumental tasks ahead of us. Anon remailers exist today. A way of
> reliably receiving anon email will be deployed this year. Web anonymizers
> that truly conceal your identity are in limited beta.

Does www.anonymizer.com run at a decent speed within the US? I tried to
use it from here yesterday to get past the IP address cheching for the
export page on www.netscape.com, and it was too slow (just stalled on
about 1k)

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk