1997-07-13 - Liberation Technology

Header Data

From: Unprivileged user <nobody@www.video-collage.com>
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Message Hash: 4ba3bda17e0010f02f2b52298c70c7de7d27d146c17d16ac7be8613d25c73da4
Message ID: <97Jul13.192222edt.32259@brickwall.ceddec.com>
Reply To: <v03110700afee97582793@[139.167.130.248]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-13 23:31:57 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 07:31:57 +0800

Raw message

From: Unprivileged user <nobody@www.video-collage.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 07:31:57 +0800
To: cypherpunks@Algebra.COM
Subject: Liberation Technology

To coin a new phrase, and a play on words on the heresy known as
"liberation theology", I was thinking about what cypherpunks and such is
about and it comes down to "Liberation Technology".

Encryption and authentication technology lets me do things regardless of
what government wants.  I can communicate and not with who I want to.

But I also thought about some of the original Liberation Technology,
starting with the crossbow (which was banned because "even women could use
them").

Guns are liberation technology and why restrictions on the ownership or
usage parallel crypto and other internet restrictions - When I can
exercise a right by using technology, restricting that technology
restricts that right.

--- reply to tzeruch - at - ceddec - dot - com ---

Thread