1997-07-03 - Re: random remailer forwarding (Was: Jeff’s Side of the Story.)

Header Data

From: Ryan Anderson <randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Message Hash: 4ebe4b49948456ee27938f641eb10d07a749cf5b00e8d19e581f5c884191921a
Message ID: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970703095244.29393B-100000@ece>
Reply To: <3.0.2.32.19970702174350.0311cbf4@popd.ix.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-03 14:09:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 22:09:02 +0800

Raw message

From: Ryan Anderson <randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 22:09:02 +0800
To: Bill Stewart <stewarts@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: random remailer forwarding (Was: Jeff's Side of the Story.)

On Wed, 2 Jul 1997, Bill Stewart wrote:

> >Well, to make the remailers more intelligent, have them count incoming
> >mail from the list of remailers participating in the system.  (either that
> >or a rate)  when one remailer seems to be sending much more mail than the
> >others (which shouldn't happen if all remailers are randomly distributing
> >the mail to each other)  you automatically do the random forward to
> >another remailer.
>
> That's a way to guarantee that the remailers that aren't working
> get more of the traffic.....

So there's a few problems still, sheeeeeeshk.  Actually, if you haven't
heard anything from a remailer for a while, you'd probably drop it from
your calculations.  I'd also assume that the mailers participating in this
random forwarding system were at least somewhat stable.. :-)

Ryan Anderson - <Pug Majere>     "Who knows, even the horse might sing"
Wayne State University - CULMA   "May you live in interesting times.."
randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu                        Ohio = VYI of the USA
PGP Fingerprint - 7E 8E C6 54 96 AC D9 57  E4 F8 AE 9C 10 7E 78 C9