1997-07-01 - Re: Dr. Dobbs Cryptography and Security CD-ROM

Header Data

From: Alex de Joode <usura@replay.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5806c2d8c1a864323612c78b06f03a59bcc74603c8ac659cc9a89f8ef29c0670
Message ID: <199707011728.TAA02315@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 01:47:22 +0800

Raw message

From: Alex de Joode <usura@replay.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 1997 01:47:22 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Dr. Dobbs Cryptography and Security CD-ROM

Peter Gutmann sez:
[..]
: What makes this case especially awkward is the fact that the CDROM can't
: legally be sold outside the US, which means the only way the rest of the world
: can get it is through illegal copies.  Given the immense usefulness of
: something like this, I'd say it's only a matter of time before bootleg copies
: start appearing outside the US, but because of the USG's position we can't pay
: for it even if we want to (DDJ wouldn't look too good if they accepted payment
: for what they knew was illegally exported crypto).  Perhaps a donation of the
: same amount to charity would serve as some equivalent to payment...

It would be nice to see a Dr. Dobbs CD at the HIP ...

--
 -aj-

Thread