1997-07-30 - Re: Yet another self-labeling system (do you remember -L18?)

Header Data

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
To: James Love <love@cptech.org>
Message Hash: 655adda835366fb41d6035891a76e1e1350adb2ba1c84554a16b888dc39da3ef
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.91.970728170606.884A-100000@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Reply To: <33DCA6FE.32CB0327@cptech.org>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-30 19:09:35 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 03:09:35 +0800

Raw message

From: Paul Bradley <paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 03:09:35 +0800
To: James Love <love@cptech.org>
Subject: Re: Yet another self-labeling system (do you remember -L18?)

> Let me you way out on a limb, and suggest the following entries, from an
> infoseek search for the workd PICS, would be unabiguously inappropriate
> for children.
>
> Pissing, Fisting and beastiality! We go to great lengths to bring you
> the Good Old Fashioned ALL AMERICAN Pornography, Just Like Dad Used To
> Watch! Unfortunately, We can't bring you everything!
> 55%   http://adult.mdc.ca/free/xxxp.html     (Size 4.3K)
>
> Absolutely the RAUNCHIEST NASTIEST Barely Legal Anal Bitches ANYWHERE!!
> The ultimate in anal, double anal, double penetration, sloppy oral, and
> gangbang action!!! 100% GUARANTEED free xrated pics Action!
>
> 55%   http://adult.mdc.ca/free/xratedp.html     (Size 4.5K)

We can clearly come to no agreement here as I cannot see any material
listed above which would be harmful in any way to a viewer, child or not.

>     I don't think I need much justification to suggest that "the
> ultimate in anal, double anal, double penetration, sloppy oral, and
> gangbang action" is unsuitable for viewing by "a certain class of
> people," --- namely children.  Do you seriously dispute this?  If so,
> there isn't much point in debating this.

Yes I do seriously dispute this. Can you tell me what in this material is
damaging in any way, can you cite examples, can you give causal evidence
of damage?

> That's what is going on now.  Why one would want to encourage this is
> beyond me.  Maybe fighting for the right to show  the "ultimate in anal,
> double anal, double penetration" to children has redeeming value that I
> don't appreciate.

Then you fail to see the simple point of the redeeming value of true free
speech, there are no grey areas, you either believe it or you don`t.

        Datacomms Technologies data security
       Paul Bradley, Paul@fatmans.demon.co.uk
  Paul@crypto.uk.eu.org, Paul@cryptography.uk.eu.org
       Http://www.cryptography.home.ml.org/