1997-07-24 - sober reflection

Header Data

From: Zooko Journeyman <zooko@xs4all.nl>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 80d3fadaf5e0fa75f26fc0f338c39c22252fd5b30a4c000574b90661e92689a7
Message ID: <199707241042.MAA25077@xs1.xs4all.nl>
Raw Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:55:07 +0800

Raw message

From: Zooko Journeyman <zooko@xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 18:55:07 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: sober reflection

A million monkeys operating under the pseudonym "Bill Frantz" typed:

> A similar approach could evolve for network sites.  A sign saying that we
> follow the US Chamber of Commerce's code on fair information practices
> could easily evolve.  My questions are, what should that code contain?
> And, how many different codes do we need?

See "http://www.truste.org/", "TRUSTe", although I thought it
used to be called "eTrust"?

Zooko Journeyman

[WE INTERRUPT THIS ARTICLE FOR A SPECIAL ARTICLE RATING:  Hey,
Dmitri M. Vulis!  The article entitled "Spawn of Vulis" was not
a flame or insult.  If you deleted it without reading it,
I encourage you to go retrieve it again and read it.]

Thread