1997-07-06 - Re: ISP signatures on outgoing mail

Header Data

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
To: Ryan Anderson <randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Message Hash: 99ab7f62f36c9734c2ac7b1cbf09fe0dfae219850bd7799e796e3a1093bc8416
Message ID: <Pine.LNX.3.93.970706181647.473J-100000@shirley>
Reply To: <Pine.GSO.3.95.970703200946.1200A-100000@ece>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-06 12:37:14 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 20:37:14 +0800

Raw message

From: ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} <dformosa@st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 20:37:14 +0800
To: Ryan Anderson <randerso@ece.eng.wayne.edu>
Subject: Re: ISP signatures on outgoing mail

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Ryan Anderson wrote:

> On Fri, 4 Jul 1997, ? the Platypus {aka David Formosa} wrote:
>
> > There is now meany patchers to avoid mail relaying like this.  Good ISP's
> > don't let mail to go from an outside site to anoughter outside site.

[...]

> Well, with current technology, it's not too difficult to forge DNS
> entries,

It means that the spammers will have to go to this effort,  in addtion
forgeing DNS like this has a neggitive infulence on the performence of
most of the 'net.  I beleave thay wouldn't try this in much the same way
spammers rearly forge there way into moderatored newsgroups.

Please excuse my spelling as I suffer from agraphia see the url in my header.
Never trust a country with more peaple then sheep.  Buy easter bilbies.
Save the ABC Is $0.08 per day too much to pay?  ex-net.scum and prouud
I'm sorry but I just don't consider 'because its yucky' a convincing argument

Thread