1997-07-14 - Going to any festivals?

Header Data

From: Shift Control <nobody@faust.guardian.co.uk>
To: shiftcontrol@nml.guardian.co.uk
Message Hash: 9b4e53c067dcc5e69644bdcbbcfed0d2d8f40d2387440682e7cc544209c3750c
Message ID: <199707041829.SAA01668@faust.guardian.co.uk>
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:29:13 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Shift Control <nobody@faust.guardian.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:29:13 -0700 (PDT)
To: shiftcontrol@nml.guardian.co.uk
Subject: Going to any festivals?

In this week's Festival Issue of the award-winning
Shift Control (http://www.shiftcontrol.com)...

Reg Presley, lead singer with Sixties legends the Troggs,
provides a sound argument for today's festivals; we
supply full listings for 30 summer events throughout
Britain and Europe; and this week's interactive quiz
asks: how wild are you about festivals?

Plus...

"Take your own food. Some people see a festival as
an opportunity to lose a couple of stone, and judging
by most of the food sold at them it's not difficult to
see why. Just because it's organic doesn't mean it's
edible, man. Take your own bread and Pringles. A baguette
is also a good idea, as you can wave it in the air during
an Orbital gig."
- Nick Green on what to take and what not to take to a
summer festival.

"While Richard Krajicek and friends took early showers,
mud baths were the order of the day at Glastonbury. It
seems that those at Glastonbury enjoyed a weekend of filthy,
sweaty, fun, while at Wimbledon it was all code violations
and double faults. If we are really to admire our sporting
heroes, isn't it about time they had some more balls in the rain?"
- Roland Rocks rants about British tennis's lack of sporting
courage.

"We ate felafel, chick-pea curry and something with yellow
peas poured from a bucket, then decided to head backstage.
There we bumped into too many people we know who proceeded go
on about their hotel rooms, showers and marble-lined bathroom
suites with pre-heated loo paper. We decide it was time to
either leave or kill them."
- Simon Waldman on the great Glasto wash-out.

Shift Control: raking the muck, NOW, at
http://www.shiftcontrol.com