1997-07-03 - Important Announcement for Barron’s Online Subscribers

Header Data

From: Barrons Online <barrons@WSJ.DOWJONES.COM>
To: BARRONS-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.DOWJONES.COM
Message Hash: a61b19a8aa99f99aae361f5c0c2b0be301c9ff3a2fdfaa6419ebc515a74011b3
Message ID: <v03102804afe1b7994688@[143.131.147.65]>
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT)

Raw message

From: Barrons Online <barrons@WSJ.DOWJONES.COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 14:31:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: BARRONS-ANNOUNCE@LISTSERV.DOWJONES.COM
Subject: Important Announcement for Barron's Online Subscribers

Dear Barron's Online subscriber:

I'd like to make you aware of some important changes coming to Barron's
Online in the next few weeks.

Barron's Online is forming an alliance with The Wall Street Journal
Interactive Edition, its sister Web publication from Dow Jones & Co.
Barron's Online, the Interactive Journal and the soon-to-be-unveiled
SmartMoney Interactive are pooling their efforts to provide investors with
the Web's  most comprehensive collection of business and markets news,
commentary, financial information and personal finance tools -- all at a
single subscription price.

Beginning July 25, access to Barron's Online will be by paid subscription
only. The price is $49 per year. But print subscribers to Barron's will be
eligible for an introductory rate of only $29 per year.

What does this mean for you?

Barron's Online will still offer the key features you've enjoyed in the
past, including our exclusive Weekday Extra columns. One noteworthy change:
Barron's Online Dossiers will be replaced by Interactive Journal Company
Briefing Books, which we expect you'll find equally useful.

You get a chance to experience the combined offering on July 25. You can
wait until then to register, if you wish. After July 25, the first time you
come to Barron's Online you'll be asked to re-register and provide us with a
credit card. Your card won't be charged until two weeks later, so you'll
have a chance to look around. If you're not satisfied, you can cancel your
account and you won't be charged.

But here's an opportunity to extend that free trial. Register for the
Interactive Journal now or any time before July 15 via a special offer link
on the Barron's Online site, and your first eight weeks will be free. Cancel
anytime before the eight weeks expire, and there's no charge. With free
access for eight weeks, you'll have a chance to explore the Interactive
Journal now and, in a few weeks, check out the revamped Barron's Online.

For more information, and to receive the eight-week free offer, see

<http://www.barrons.com/wsj_frame.html>.

We're sure you'll agree that the combined power of these Web sites will be
worth more than the subscription price we're charging. After all, more than
100,000 people already are subscribing to the Interactive Journal alone.

Best regards,

Howard Gold                     Neil Budde
Editor                               Editor
Barron's Online                 The Wall Street Journal Interactive Edition

http://www.barrons.com/wsj_frame.html

If you do not wish to continue receiving these email alerts,
send email to: stopmkt@lists.wsj.com

If you have other questions, please call our customer service group at
1-800-369-2834.