1997-07-31 - RE: Entrust Technologies’s Solo - free download

Header Data

From: Chris DiBona <chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
To: “freedom-knights@jetcafe.org>
Message Hash: b66ea0778df71badc67b968318faab193c95eae713c8977c128831d3a0ac1c50
Message ID: <01BC9D99.CD73D990.chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 01:20:27 +0800

Raw message

From: Chris DiBona <chrisd@loc201.tandem.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 01:20:27 +0800
To: "freedom-knights@jetcafe.org>
Subject: RE: Entrust Technologies's Solo - free download

This is all nice and good, but the question is who is Chris Lewis, what is
his connection to northern telecom, what the hell do you mean by forgery,
are you implying the technology that entrust has in it's secure kernal is
stolen? Keeping in mind that using public domain algorithms is not theft,
and also keeping in mind that they have a patent license from public key
partners, which allows them to use the "rsa" patents, and keeping in mind
that a fully featured certificate system is much more than just a
cryptography product. Is the law being broken here? Is there a breach of
ethics at Entrust?

To restate.....what's wrong with what entrust is doing? Everyone has had
such a good time talking about spamming and cancels, but I'm really
interested in how Nortel is somehow committing a forgery.

Also looking around the dejanews stuff about lewis, he seems to be a spam
cancel freak yes, but no pedophile.

Dimitri,   you seem to be a pretty smart guy...enlighten me on this whole
thing. Do you mean that Nortel has a hand in the forging of spam cancels?
Or do you mean that they have a hand in forging software?

  Chris DiBona