1997-07-25 - Re: Yet another self-labeling system (do you remember -L18?)

Header Data

From: James Love <love@cptech.org>
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Message Hash: ca27592e979cae2517bfc33e6bfbc97ffe4323495f6f00f97bc9f4dd9831e717
Message ID: <33D8E731.8A663470@cptech.org>
Reply To: <v03102800affe90c52c47@[207.167.93.63]>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-25 18:00:46 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 02:00:46 +0800

Raw message

From: James Love <love@cptech.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 1997 02:00:46 +0800
To: Tim May <tcmay@got.net>
Subject: Re: Yet another self-labeling system (do you remember -L18?)

Tim, if you think that no web site are unambiguously inappropriate for
children, then you are in a state of denial.  However, while I don't
expect to change your mind on that point, let me set the record straight
on your note.  I don't favor RSACi or other PICS systems.  I think these
are a mistake, and should be resisted.  However, I do favor a far less
ambitious and less informative system (less is more, as far as I am
concerned), which involves a simple, single voluntary tag, selected by
the web page publisher, at their discretion, of the nature of

<META NAME="Rating" CONTENT="adult">

I think this is quite different from RSACi or SafeSurf's system, for the
reasons mentioned by my missive to Jonah.

   Jamie   <love@cptech.org>

Tim May wrote:

> At 9:16 AM -0700 7/25/97, Declan McCullagh wrote:

James Love | Center for Study of Responsive Law
P.O. Box 19367 | Washington, DC 20036 | 202.387.8030
http://www.cptech.org | love@cptech.org

Thread