1997-07-14 - Bizarre e-mail in the orphan mailbox

Header Data

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ed041a6891ab496b76216b0334bb5fe1929c7c0583377f711a1d593990807df0
Message ID: <DL8s0D7w165w@bwalk.dm.com>
Reply To: <199707131953.MAA21869@hotbox.danni.com>
UTC Datetime: 1997-07-14 02:36:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:36:14 +0800

Raw message

From: dlv@bwalk.dm.com (Dr.Dimitri Vulis KOTM)
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 10:36:14 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Bizarre e-mail in the orphan mailbox

This is, like, bizarre.  Why do they send this stuff in cleartext,
and why does it come to my orphan mailbox? We have no "tcheung" here.

]Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 12:53:37 -0700 (PDT)
]To: tcheung@dm.com
]From: Kris <kris@danni.com>
]Subject: Hotbox
]
]Your HotBOX passwords have been activated!
]
]New Members:
]A charge will appear on your credit card statement (if that is how you
]paid) as "V.B.P. call for info (310) 258-0930." The cost of HotBOX is
]$9.95 per month, automatically charged to your credit card. We
]also offer trial memberships of one week at $2.99.
]
]All accounts will automatically renew at the end of the billing period
]at a rate of  $9.95 per month in order to assure you uninterrupted service.
]
]You can now access the HotBOX at:   http://hotbox.danni.com/hotbox
]If you have any comments or questions, don't hesitate to contact us:
]Hotbox@danni.com.
]
]Make sure you read the FAQ first before contacting us:
]http://hotbox.danni.com/faq.html
]
]*To cancel your account*, and stop all future billing: go to the following
]address and enter your name and your access codes.
]http://hotbox.danni.com/cancel.html
]
]
]Current HotBOX Members:
]If you have recently contacted us about being unable to access the HotBOX
]With your codes, this is a message to notify you that your codes have been
]reactivated. This does not mean that you are being billed again, unless you
]have allowed your membership to lapse and are now restarting it. Please call
]our office if you are unfamiliar with the details of your account.
]
]Danni's Hard Drive can be contacted at:
](310) 258-0930 from 9am to 6pm, every day, Pacific time.
]Our toll free number is (888) 878-7252
]Hotbox@danni.com for HotBOX problems
]madison@danni.com for merchandise problems
]danni@danni.com for fan mail and suggestions
]
]If you send us any e-mail regarding your account, *please* send us your
]Full name, username and password -- it will help us rectify any problems much
]more quickly.
]
]Enter your username & password in the *exact same* upper/lower case
]patterns shown here:
]
]username: antonio
]password: 9183tc
]
]Please note: your username might have been modified if another member
]had already selected it.
]Have Fun!
]Jannine and kris,
]HotBOX Administration
]kris@danni.com
]http://www.danni.com
]http://hotbox.danni.com
]

What is this stuff: http://hotbox.danni.com
username: antonio
password: 9183tc

Why are they spamming me with their passwords?

Thread