1997-07-31 - Re: Netly News Fan Mail

Header Data

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: ff681d62bc31caa62b9119628121310041c254cc955a37aba3d56033d1453a4f
Message ID: <199707310215.EAA09572@basement.replay.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:29:10 +0800

Raw message

From: nobody@REPLAY.COM (Anonymous)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:29:10 +0800
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Netly News Fan Mail

Mike Duvos wrote:
> It appears that the CPAC/Sewer folks have read the recent Netly News
> article on their activities and were not pleased.  This little blurb
> healines the "Sewer List" this morning.
>
> -----Begin Officer Paladino Rant-----
>
> July 29, 1997, I was told of an article that appeared on the Net.
> It appeared on a Netly News site.
> In the article he links to a few sites showing young boys but he
> forgot to link to the 1000's of sites showing young boys in the
> nude.
> You will see sites exposing young boys, as young as 4 years old,
> nude.

  Strange. I followed some of the links on the Sewer site, and all
I found was that they were harassing and slandering people with
perfectly legitimate reasons for having normal pictures of clothed
children on their site.
  Are child actors supposed to put pictures of adults who look
similar to them on their web sites? Are pictures of themself
(fully clothed) "pornography" when gay teens put them on a web
site, but pictures of themself that Christian teens put of
themself on s web site are "wholesome?"

> Freedom is a great thing and this is the greatest country in the
> world. I wonder how many soldiers that gave their lifes fighting
> for that freedom, had pictures of nude boys in their wallets,
> instead of their families. Think about
> that.......................

  No doubt some of those soldiers had naked pictures of their
children in their wallets, but I doubt if those pictures gave
them a hard-on, as they would obviously do for Officer Paladino.
  Officer Paladino seems to fail to understand that "his" hard-on
does not make "other" people perverts.

> -----End Officer Paladino Rant-----

> Will someone please buy this poor man a spell-checker? :)

  Intelligence and educations are not requirements to become a
member of the Righteous Right. Neither are tolerance and respect
for the personal moral beliefs of others.
  It will be interesting to see whose "moral values" prevail on
the InterNet when the laws and traditions of various societies and
nations come into conflict. My prediction is that it will be the
moral values of the most intolerant nation with the largest weapons.

Dr. Anonymous

Thread